Tuesday, June 19, 2012

In my day, Nickelodeon game shows were hosted by Olympians

I'm old.  There's just no way around it.  There are way too many things that were better 'in my day'.  Case in point, the new version of 'Figure It Out' on Nickelodeon.  I was browsing TV Guide last night looking for something to watch, and saw it marked as 'New', I giddily grabbed the remote.

In the '90s, aka when all was right with the world, gold medalist Summer Sanders hosted this children's game show with a panel of minor celebrities, like cast members from 'All That' and 'The Adventures of Pete & Pete'.  These days, the host is some guy named Jeff Sutphen.  What medals does he have, huh?  None!  And all I was able to recognize the panelists for was their relative incompetence at figuring it out, as it were.

They did seem to be using some of the same sound effects, but alas, Billy the Answer Head was nowhere to be found. If only I had known, I would have just set the VCR to record constantly from about 1996 through, say, 2005.  Unfortunately, I was not that wise, so I just have to watch some of the DVDs that are finally coming out.  Like these...



Yes, that's right, I'm a nostalgia enabler.  So slime me.

No comments:

Post a Comment