Monday, June 18, 2012

Froyo files: Yogurtland

Frozen yogurt is one of my favorite treats: lots of flavor options, plus portion control.  So I tend to steer myself towards it whenever I'm out and about.  And so I shall impart the wisdom of my experience to the blogosphere.  Because that's just the kind of selfless giver that I am.
Yogurtland: 2525 W. Anderson Lane, Bldg 1 Ste 125 (basically, what used to be Northcross Mall)

When I visited: Saturday, June 16th, just after noon

Cost per ounce: 35 cents

Number of flavors: 16

Sorbet options: 0

Nutritionals provided: Yes, per fluid ounce
Experience: Fabulous.  First of all, they greet you with the offering of sample cups.  So many places either hide them somewhere on the side or keep them behind the register so you have to beg for one like Oliver Twist for gruel.  This is clearly part of the corporate script, but it's a really nice touch.

They also had a lot of options.  I wish they had a dairy-free/sorbet option, because that's what my mom really likes.  But they did have Dulce de Leche that met with her approval, so that was alright.  And they had Taro, which is pretty much my all-time favorite flavor.  I tried pretty much everything, though, just to be sure.  Along with having the standards, there were a few more unique flavors, like Pecan Praline and Blueberry Lychee.  Along with lots of options, the flavors all tasted good.  Maybe that's why they're so liberal with the sample cups, they know once you taste it you'll be even more likely to load up.

Mom went with a cup of the Dulce de Leche, adding some caramel sauce, condensed milk, and white chocolate chips:
I went with a nutty theme mostly, with a little Taro/Pistachio swirl, some Peanut Butter, Pecan Praline, and a dollop of Red Velvet Cupcake Batter, all topped with a little fresh fruit:
Worth a revisit? Definitely.  This is in the top two of places in Austin that I've been to so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment