Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Froyo files: Chill Out (Kyle)

Is it time for a froyo intervention?  I hope not.  I'm not saying every weekend should consist of three different servings of frozen yogurt, but I sure did enjoy each visit earlier this month.  And hey, if I don't try all of these places, how will you know where to get your fix?

Chill Out: 5103 Kyle Center Dr  Suite 101 Kohl Center, Kyle, TX 78640

When I visited: Sunday, September 9th, around 1:30 pm

Cost per ounce: 45 cents

Number of flavors: 12

Sorbet options: 1

Nutritionals provided: Yes, binder just to the side of the toppings

Experience: Somehow Kyle has ended up with three frozen yogurt places, a small, sweet triangle.  This one is on the same side of the street as the Target and Kohl's, so it's a perfect stop while shopping. I've been here once before, and it was fine, but I was fine passing it when I was across the street at HEB getting groceries.  The selection of yogurt is good, but none of the flavors really wowed me.

This time around, there was: Pumpkin Spiced Latte.  I'm am so ready for fall it isn't funny, even though it's not the best season for cold dessert.  What is great for the colder weather (yes, we do get colder here in Texas!) are the paninis and soups that they also have here.  I didn't try any of that this time though.  Instead, I filled up a bowl with froyo while the weather was still near triple digits.

For Mom, there was Mountain Blackberry and Mango Tango, which was a sorbet.  For some reason, there was a lot of mango around that weekend.  Of course, I say they were for her, but I also got a swirl of these, even though they perhaps weren't a great match for the Pumpkin.  Actually, the Pumpkin and the Blackberry went rather well with a little fruit, like having a pumpkin trifle layered with fruit.  Now that's an idea...

Worth a revisit? There's a good variety of options, and I like that this is locally-owned and proud of it.  The yogurt is good, and they have a lot of options, but doesn't reach the level of cravability of, say, a Yogurt Spot.  I'll need to try out the other two places located within a mile of here to reach a final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment