Saturday, July 14, 2012

Froyo files: The Yogurt Spot

I know I said that I love frozen yogurt, but I swear that I usually don't get the chance to have it this often over the course of a few weeks.  I'm quite enjoying the regularity of my recent frozen yogurt consumption, but just so you know, weekly reviews might not be a continuing thing, as much as I would like them to be.

And even though I say that, I did just visit yet another place, so there will be a post next week.  So maybe one of the perks of being a blogger is just happening to end up eating frozen yogurt all the time.

The Yogurt Spot: 500 North Lamar Boulevard #150  Austin, TX 78703

When I visited: Saturday, July 7th, around 6 pm

Cost per ounce: 43 cents

Number of flavors: 16

Sorbet options: 2

Nutritionals provided: Online, but not posted in-store, by the 1/2 cup

Experience:  I'm in love.  Not only is this place within walking distance of BookPeople, Austin's own most awesome bookstore ever, but the frozen yogurt is absolutely top notch.  I'm so glad I went around dinnertime, because it gave me an excuse to really indulge in the deliciousness.

First of all, technically there were two sorbet options, Key Lime Pie and Razzgranate.  But there were also several others that weren't technically non-dairy, but were great for people like my mom and I who love fruity flavors.  There was a Lychee Tart, Blueberry, new Orchard Cherry, and the star of the show as far as we were both concerned: the Strawberry Tart.  Strawberry so often goes wrong, and like banana, there are two kinds of strawberry flavor: artificial and real.  And this tasted so deliciously real.
As you might have been able to guess, we got exclusively fruity flavors.  With the exception of my continued need to have some Tiki Taro, which was also very good.  I did sample their other flavors, like Salted Caramel and Chocolate Craving, which were good, but the fruits were just so mind-blowing.  The Lychee Tart was one of those ones I just tried thinking, 'Why not?' as I was passing with my cup, and my eyes popped.  Really good.  Really tart.

Worth a revisit?  Absolutely, when can we go?  Is now too soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment