Thursday, July 5, 2012

Signs you might really be a spinner

I hope everyone had a happy 4th of July, whether you are in the US and it was Independence Day, or you're anywhere else and it was just another Wednesday.  It's an incredibly awkward holiday, smack dab in the middle of the work week.  Just as you get into the week, you take off for a day, and just when you get used to that, it's back for another two days of earning your salary.  But it's better than no day off at all.

For my free day, I went with my mom and her knitting group to see Pixar's latest movie, 'Brave'.  There were just too many things going for it for me not to see it.  I trust Pixar implicitly to make movies that mean something to them, and thus are more likely to mean something to me.  And you just cannot go wrong with sitting in a darkened theater and listening to the voices of Emma Thompson and Billy Connelly.

Yet again, thumbs up for a job well done, Pixar peeps.  But there was one thing that kept coming to my mind as I watched the film that likely wouldn't have occurred to me even a week ago.  Merida, the heroine of the film, is the first Pixar princess, and aside from archery skills and a fierce desire to change her fate, she has a mass of ginger curls atop her head.  And I just couldn't help but think how much it looked like fiber.  Fiber I'd like to spin.

This after just five days of Tour de Fleece-ing.  I guess I really am a spinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment