Sunday, July 22, 2012

I look good in yellow (jersey)

I did it!  The Tour de Fleece ends today, and I have the last of my skeins soaking right now.  I have successfully turned 4 oz of beautiful blue roving into 4 dare-I-say also beautiful skeins of yarn.

It involved a little last-minute rushing, so any photos will have to wait until later in the week.  Yesterday, I didn't stop to blog because I needed to get as many rotations on the spindle in as possible.  I even spun for a few moments in between executing my very important bridesmaid duties:
Today, I spun furiously while watching golf, and then tennis as Andy Roddick won his 32nd career title.  And then my mother very graciously sat by my side and kept my center-pull ball from tangling up as I plied right up until dinnertime.

But I made it, and after a little thwacking to distribute the twist, then drying overnight, I will have earned my yellow jersey.  After the hourlong+ plying session, I might be just as sore as some of those cyclists tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. That is some smiley spindling action! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I loved your rainbow yarn, so many colors!

    ReplyDelete