Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The apocalypse or finding this blanket: which will come first?

Friends, we have now entered the third phase of the search for the crocheted afghan featured in 'Seeking a Friend for the End of the World'.  Having spotted and admired it, we now know it is made by Anthropologie.  Unfortunately, it seems very unlikely that I will be able to take a closer look at one in person.

In a rare show of preparation, I called the closest store location before we went to visit, and learned that not only did they not have one in stock, but they were able to tell me that Orlando, Florida, was the nearest store with one.  So I'm more than likely on my own in terms of recreating it, since I'm not going to take a road trip to Florida in order to hold this thing in my hands.

Someone on Ravelry did suggest a pattern for making it yourself, though.  The newest Interweave Crochet has a pattern that gives the same sort of look, the Bullion Beach Blanket:
Photo credit: Interweave Crochet
So for now this is going on my 'should really make someday' list.  And then I'll have to figure out exactly how I want to construct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment