Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WIP Wednesday: It's only Wednesday?!

This week has really been a roller coaster at work, I cannot believe it's only been three days so far.  Finishing up a project two years in the making, followed by getting an immediate critique from one of the users.  Feeling total frustration at one attempt at collaboration, then being thanked profusely for coming with the solution that everyone could agree to.  Panic about the threads of a project completely coming apart at the end of one afternoon, then the next morning everything seems fine.

What three days like this shows me is that when work is frustrating, you have to just take a deep breath and realize that the moment will pass.  Probably sooner than you think.  And when something great happens at work, enjoy it.  Because that will pass even sooner.  Either way, keep your knitting and your running shoes around.  Both are great for channeling positive or negative energy.

So I've made progress on my cardigan.  Not much, though, because I decided that I wasn't happy with where my buttonholes were, so I frogged the right front and started again.  The Lustra yarn is not the nicest for ripping back, because it's a splitty single ply.  But it wasn't too much, and I'm nearly back to where I was before.  It looks fine, but not that exciting, so no photo this time.

After I finish the ribbing, it's going to be a fun challenge to reason my way through the directions, which only say, 'Complete to correspond to left front, reversing all shaping.'  Great.  I foresee a lot of squinting at the directions, thinking about it, looking at the knitting, squinting back at the directions, and trying to write them out myself.  I'm still not totally confident in my ability to 'just see' when the knitting is doing what it's supposed to, so I like complete instructions that just tell me so I don't have to figure it out myself.

Because figuring out how to get through the work week takes plenty of brain power all by itself.

For more WIP posts, go to Tami's Amis.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your cardigan. I know what you mean about directions; I like everything spelled out for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek, those directions do not sound fun to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I much prefer patterns the way you write them, that actually tell me what I'm supposed to do : )

      Delete