Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cubicle kitchen: PB&J Cookies

There's apparently a popular belief that it takes 21 days to form a habit.  So presumably after three long weeks of forcing yourself to floss, on that 22nd day it's just as natural a part of your dental hygiene process as brushing your teeth.

I'm due for my cleaning at the dentist, so teeth are kind of on my mind.  I feel the need to state that I have habitually flossed for many many years now.

Anyway, 21 days to form a habit.  I think it took longer than that for me to solidify both the habit and reputation for weekly baking, but there is no doubt that it is now deeply entrenched.  Because a few weeks ago, despite the fact that I was in a workshop the entire day, I still made these cookies and delivered them to the coffee area near my cube as well as the weekly klatch that I didn't get to attend.  Somehow, it doesn't matter whether I'm actually there or not, I feel like if I'm as close as being in the office, I should do my best to feed the people delicious baked goods.  Not because I think anyone would actually hold it against me if I didn't, I just like being that reliable source of something sweet to look forward to.

This was my train of inspiration for these cookies: this all-day workshop was a training, and that reminded me of school.  And nothing says school days like peanut butter and jelly.


PB&J Cookies

I used Sally's Baking Addiction recipe for chocolate chip cookies as a base, with only two real adaptations:

  • I replaced half a stick of the butter with Brummel and Brown spread, peanut butter, and strawberry jelly, but I could have probably increased the ratio of peanut butter even more.
  • Instead of chocolate chips, I added some spare peanut butter chips, chopped nuts, and in place of jelly, I used dried strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment