Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday: I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the swap from me

I've been feeling a little frazzled this week, at times wondering if I was in over my head.  But I was able to make it through those moments to the other side by just getting one thing done at a time.  With each step forward, the way seemed less daunting.  It helps that the way I'm referring to is having fun coloring in notebooks, knitting, and otherwise crafting.

I'm still spoiling away on the theme of Gilmore Girls, and I thought I would offer a little teaser photo of the actual knitted item, since I've given away the yarn and the stitch without spoiling the actual project:

You can sort of see the through-line of a knit every four stitches going up, and the color shift of silver to purple.  I'm into the rhythm of this pattern, I could almost do it without referring to my directions.  But I still use them anyway, because I'm paranoid.  Just a few inches more and I'll be ready to weave the ends in!

I also made progress on a non-knit handmade for this swap, which involves upcycling an old book into something new.  I found the book itself at Half Price (on my birthday trip), and all I can say for now is that it involved cutting, which felt really wrong, and decoupaging.  I'll likely post a tutorial on Examiner, since it is literature related, and they've just introduced a feature that let's us write lists.

In a similar vein, I've added color and a page or two more to the notebook I'm working on.  That should be ready to send this weekend with a little bit of luck.  I've developed a similarly comfortable rhythm in doodling bunnies as in knitting my stitch pattern, but I still can never quite make them look as artistic on paper as they do in my head:

Notice also the roses, which have been 'painted' red, and the pocket watch which tells the White Rabbit how late he is.  I wanted to add in a little color since the bunnies really needed to stay white.  If I had been doing this strategically, I might have drawn them on white paper and pasted them on, but what's drawn is drawn.

And finally, I've also been given a spoilee for a swap themed around the genius that is Joss Whedon.  My mind is swirling with possible connections to random bits of hilarious dialogue, heroic bravery, and gut-wrenching character deaths.  Well, probably not that last one, I want my package to be a happy one, so we'll ignore the death and stick with things like 'the funny syphilis' and 'sudden but inevitable betrayal'.  Which Joss fans know are happy memories.  So my plotting and planning for that is another work in progress.

For even more works in progress, check out Tami's Amis!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lavender color! Looking forward to seeing the finished project! It seems alot of us are swamped with various projects but you seem to be keeping up with it.

    ReplyDelete