Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Catching my breath

This week, I've been...not quite sick, but not quite healthy.  It started with a tickle in my throat, which became a scratchy cough.  Thankfully, aside from feeling a little achy, I didn't actually feel sick.  Even when yesterday it moved into my sinuses and made me sound like a wretch, I still didn't feel like someone with a cold.  I'm cautiously grateful, hoping that the final phase of whatever this is isn't that I sound perfectly fine but feel awful.

I even went to the gym today, though I skipped out on my group exercise class.  I thought I would quit while I was ahead: running on the elliptical was not only possible with my stuffy nose, it actually temporarily cleared some of my nasal congestion.  Add it to the list of reasons to feel self-righteous about working out, I guess.

Post-workout, I'm ready to share what I've been working on this week between the sneezes:

  • The only thing keeping my Gilmore Girls handmade from the FO category are the ends, which I'm hoping to weave in this weekend.
  • I barely paused between casting that off and starting another secret project for my Joss Whedon swap.  Here's a little teaser photo, in sepia effect to protect sensitive color information:


  • I sent off the notebook I was working on last week, and there should be another in the mailbox now for me to get started on.  The owner of this volume is interested in genealogy and asked for a pot roast recipe rather than one for a sweet baked good.  I'm thinking of writing up some nostalgic non-fiction about my time in Prague, along with a recipe for svickova, which is a roast beef dish with a creamy root vegetable sauce.
That's all, and that's plenty to keep me busy for at least the next week!  For more WIPs, check out Tami's Amis.

1 comment:

  1. Sepia toned to keep color a secret - excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete