More than once, I've used ice cream to enhance a cake mix. Just the week before, I made one with pineapple mix and coconut sorbet. But why stop there, I thought? Why not also utilize this wonderful frozen treat in the frosting of the resulting cake? Especially when you happen to have a 1/2 gallon of Blue Bell's Gingerbread House. That's where the 'cubed' comes from in the title, because you've got gingerbread mix, made with gingerbread ice cream, topped with gingerbread frosting.
makes a 7 x 11" pan
(adapted from Cookies & Cups)
- 1 box of Hodson Mills Whole Wheat Gingerbread Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups melted Blue Bell Gingerbread House ice cream (less than what it calls for for cakey gingerbread, more than for roll-out cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the gingerbread mix with the egg and ice cream.
- Spread the batter (it will be very thick) into a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.