Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Stayin' alive, stayin' alive

I just caught sight of a headline on the cover of Rolling Stone about the BeeGees, and now their disco fabulous voices are in my head.  Hence the title.

While I was posting every day for blog week, I also managed to do some knitting.  It doesn't look particularly interesting, so I took some inspiration from the challenge to do different kinds of graphics from last week and came up with this:

Original image by tiny owl knits
So close!  I'm nearly done with the neck section and ready to mirror the first half of the bow.  I continue to love the feel of the yarn and the simplicity of the pattern.  I can't wait to see if it really does tie up like a pretty bow in the end.

Another thing I've managed to do for the past couple of weeks is keep some plants alive (ah! ah! ah! ah! Stayin' aliiiiiiiiiive!).  Texas drought is no joke, so while the beautiful wildflowers inspire gardening aspirations, it's not always easy to keep things from drying up, even before we've entered the truly roasting summer.  Particularly because I have no interest in 'spending' more water by using a hose or sprinkler.  So instead, I save some water from the sink from things like soaking ears of corn before steaming or washing out a dish.  I've been pouring that over over a rose bush and another flower pot every day or so, and if it's been a 'bumper' crop for water, I offer some up to the pomegranate tree.  So they are my unofficial works in progress as well:

 
What are you working on, knitting-wise, gardening-wise, or just life-wise?  For more WIP Wednesday posts, go to Tami's Amis.

(And I'm sorry if you now have the BeeGees stuck in your head.)

2 comments:

  1. I do, indeed, have the BeeGees in my head. I also admire your water conservation consciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are stunning!! And I love the idea for your knitting WIP photo. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete