Saturday, May 24, 2014

Inspiration Saturday: Sew-in Saturday!

Sorry for the last-minute post, but I spent all day at a friend's house doing my first real sewing.  It's very exciting!  I did some preparatory ironing and cutting for a quilt, but I also actually finished a super-easy sewing project that I can recommend for other first-timers:


It's an infinity cowl, basically turning a yard of fabric into a tube and sewing it together.  I'll try to post more details later, but for now I'm just trying to get this posted and log my 10,000 steps on the Fitbit before midnight, so I gotta run, literally!

Do you sew?  What kinds of things do you make or would you want to make?  Garments, quilts, or maybe accessories, like bags?  I think I want to try a little of each to see what sticks.  For more inspiration, go to Woolen Diversions.

No comments:

Post a Comment