Friday, May 23, 2014

One small step for a pedometer...

New gadget alert!

After many faithful years of service, my Sportline pedometer finally stopped working last week.  I can't say enough good things about my experience with it, particularly because the company was really nice about replacing the plastic clip the few times it broke over the course of five-plus years (normal wear and tear for something used every day).

But the step counter was just not incrementing, so I decided that it was time that I finally take advantage of some of the many advancements made in pedometer offerings in recent years.  Again, nothing against the Sportline, but the model I had was kind of like the first cell phone I ever had, which was a chunky flip phone that had the same screen the computer I played Oregon Trail on in middle school, black with green pixels.

Now, I have one of these:
It's a FitBit Zip.  And it's pink!

I thought about getting some of the fancier activity trackers with sleep monitors or the ones you wear around your wrist all day.  But I really only need the step-counting part of it.  It is fun to be able to sync to my computer and phone, but otherwise, I'm just glad that I didn't have to go more than a few days without a pedometer.

Do you use a pedometer or other snazzy activity tracker?

No comments:

Post a Comment