Saturday, July 6, 2013

Inspiration Saturday: Even more ado

Last night I snuck a post in about going to see the new 'Much Ado About Nothing' directed by Joss Whedon, and I'm still in a Bard-ly mood.  So I took a stroll down project memory lane.

First, in my own projects.  I participated in a Shakespeare swap last year, where my spoilee's favorite play was 'Macbeth', and she particularly loved Lady Macbeth.  Well, who doesn't, really?  So I tried to pick out some of her quotes in my crafting, like this owl cowl, for 'I heard the owl scream and the crickets cry. Did not you speak?':


See the owls around the neck?  This was my first time doing beading:


I really want to do more things with that owl pattern, it is so cute.

Of course, you can't reference Lady Macbeth without the damn'd spot that won't come out.  I used Kool-Aid to dye some yarn rather than kill a king:


Okay, onto some other, less bloody, things from Stratford.  I also received a wonderful swap package myself, if you're on Ravelry you can see the post about it.  Part of my spoilage was a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy in Ruby River:


I already have a project all queued up for it, funnily enough inspired by another literary genius, Jane Austen.  I want to make the Rose Garden shawl from the Summer 2012 issue of Jane Austen Knits.

And having inspired myself to want to knit that now, I must get back to my spinning.  One week of Tour de Fleece down and I haven't crashed yet!  For more inspiration, go to Woolen Diversions.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! That owl pattern crops up everywhere. Love the splashed look of the koolaid dye job!

    ReplyDelete