Monday, July 22, 2013

Beads, berets, and Bugs Bunny froyo

I've always been a little ambivalent about Sundays.  Yes, it's still the weekend, but at least some of the luster of that is diminished by knowing that Monday is just a sleep away.  Sometimes I try to keep Sunday completely free of all reasons to leave the house and just keep it as a lazy day in preparation of the week ahead.

However, when Yogurtland has Looney Tunes-themed flavors that might be going out of rotation in the next week, I can make an exception.  And after a little Google searching, I can find a reason to head up to North Austin.  Unfortunately, the first excuse, a quilting fabric store, was closed on Sundays.  But then, Mom found Sea of Beads, and well, excuse found.

I haven't added much beading to my knitting so far, but I'm such a fan of extra color and sparkle, it was only a matter of time.  And when, amongst all of the other gorgeous beads and charms, I saw a tube of number 6 seed beads in a color that goes perfectly with my cardigan.  That's right, because when you're lamenting all of the endless finishing details of your first long-sleeved garment, what you really want to do is add another detail.  What can I say?  I need the sparkle.  Just a little, in the ruffles.  And maybe the neckline.

From one indulgence to another, it was time for froyo:

At the time, I didn't know that it would be around until August 4th.  All I knew was that a new flavor was coming in after Sunday, so I couldn't be sure that it wasn't replacing what sounded like a delicious froyo version of a Terry's Chocolate Orange.  Since I've already made fudge inspired by that flavor combo, I had to try this.  Yum.  If you have a Yogurtland near you, you should find a bead store nearby to give you a reason to try it too.  I also tried the Bugs Bunny Carrot Cake, but I'm really looking forward to swirling the Marvin the Martian Kosmic Fruit Kaboom Sorbet.  Pineapple and lime?  Sounds like one Mom will love too.

I also managed to catch Phil Mickelson winning the Open.  I don't know if there are any other knitting golf-watchers out there, but for me, aside from rooting for Phil, the main story was his daughter's super-cute knit beret, which we all saw in panorama when the whole family went in for a celebratory hug.  Great excuse for an Examiner slideshow.  Gotta make use of that agreement with Getty Images whenever possible.

So that was my Sunday.  It got me through Monday.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment