Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Rant forward

We're all over this whole daylight savings time thing, right?  I mean, why do we keep putting ourselves through the Chinese water torture that is shifting the time by an hour twice a year, making it either impossible to fall asleep because it feels too early or truly painful waking up in the morning, again because it feels too early?  Why do I now have to drive to work in the twilight and eat dinner in the sunshine when I didn't last week?  And we can't even agree when to change the clocks, or whether to do it at all, so any meetings with people in other timezones get completely thrown off depending on who hosts them.  Chaos, I tell you.  Chaos.  I think this speaks to a deep-seeded masochistic streak in our culture that we should deal with and move past.

Anyway, now that we're all on the same page there...on to the knitting!  Despite suffering from daylight savings trauma, and still being in a post-Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream haze, I managed to make progress on my Up for Anything Cami:


Not quite done, but I just need to finish this strap and knit the second.  Who knows, I might have it finished by Friday!

Until then, you can read about more WIPs at Tami's Amis.

2 comments:

  1. Almost done! Love your fun color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so right there with you on the time change thing. I'm over it. How do I unsubscribe? (pretty sure I could run for office and get at least a third of the votes based on the platform of opting out of time changes. :) )

    ReplyDelete