Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Crawl countdown and cowl confidentiality

I am again entering that awkward phase of crafting when my projects are kind of a secret.  So I have some teasers and clues for you, but I can neither confirm nor deny the knitty gritty details.

First, I decided it was time to start some holiday gift knitting.  The recipient may or may not read this blog, so my lips are sealed on that front.  Then there's the cowl for the swap I'm currently in.  After much consideration, I not only decided on a pattern, but I have cast on and off again.  It's a very simple pattern, which I complicated for myself by knitting it in a different weight of yarn.  In the end, though, the dimensions were just right and I like the way it turned out.  It's not quite done, though.  I have some finishing touches I want to add, including a charm or bead or something.

I'll be looking for just the right one while we're on the Yarn Crawl, which starts this weekend.  My mom and I have all of our routes pretty much planned, not only hitting all eleven stores but also stopping at a fiber artist's studio, two additional yarn stores, a bead store, and of course a frozen yogurt spot for each day.  It's going to be a good two weekends.

So next week I might have some new yarn to show you, and maybe a little more progress on my non-secret WIP, the Fruit Loopy Shawl.  Until then, there are more WIP Wednesday posts for this week at Frontier Dreams (no post up yet at Tami's Amis).

1 comment:

  1. It's very cool that you knit! I always think it would be fun to take up a hobby like that.

    ReplyDelete