Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WIP Wednesday: A contributing member of society

Yesterday I wrote about the Kickstarter campaign for a 'Veronica Mars' movie, but that is just one of the ways that I think contribution has been the theme of this week.

My local NPR station, KUT, reached the end of their spring drive tonight.  My dad tends to tune out during these drives, but I must admit I take a certain guilty glee in listening to general manager Hawk Mendenhall's snappy dressing down of 'The Situation Room' for spending ten minutes on Jay-Z and Beyonce's Cuba trip while they spanned the globe with two or three more serious news stories in the same time frame.  I like the moments where that foundation of professional journalism gives way to a rainbow sprinkling of personality and quirk.  Tomorrow it's back to the grindstone of day-to-day radio production, 92% funded by listener contribution.

My ongoing notebook swap is also all about the contributions of a group coming together to create something special.  I'm still waiting on the next book in the series to come into my mail box, but I've already been working on what's going in it, planning some of the text and drawing some of the images:


I'll cut them out and collage them into a little cookbook, which I've personalized based on her fandoms. So hopefully it will be a tasty treat.  Speaking of which, it's getting to be about the time for me to start considering final options for what edible goodies to include in my Joss Whedon swap box.  I think I have everything else pretty much nailed down, with my second knit project progressing quite nicely.  I am tempted to try making some stitch markers as well, but we'll see.

I don't think I ever posted the finished pics from my last notebook, did I?  Well then, something for FO Friday!  For more WIP Wednesdays until then, go to Tami's Amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment