Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIP Wednesday: The WIP at my fingertips

Sometimes I don't paint my nails for a few weeks just because I can never seem to find those few minutes necessarily to not only apply the polish but wait for it to dry.  Oh, and at least a few minutes that have to be spent deciding on the color.  Have I ever mentioned how terrible I am at making decisions?

After careful deliberation over the many bottles on my shelf, last week I wore Sally Hansen's Salon Manicure in Green Tea on my tips.  I confess, I was already thinking about my Inspiration Saturday post when I made that decision.  So I extended the matcha inspiration to my polish.  And I saw a fair amount of that color as my fingers worked to make my cardigan's sleeve longer and longer.  It's still not done, but I'm optimistically hoping to cast it off by the end of this week.

Here's another 'staged' photo of my cardigan, this time I used safety pins to close up the sleeve and slip it onto my forearm:


Notice the sort-of-but-not-quite complimentary color on my nails?  I think it's more sea foam than green tea myself, it has just a hint of blue in there.  Still pretty, though, and it was remarkably chip-resistant.  On the knitting front, I think the sleeve is going to fit nicely.

I have a different polish on as I type this up, by the way: OPI's Gouda Gouda Two Shoes.  A sort of dusty rose with gold shimmer.  A warm tone for a warm summer, we've just gotten into triple-digit highs here.  Perfect weather for my one-sleeved cardigan...

For more WIP Wednesday posts, visit Tami's Amis.


No comments:

Post a Comment