Wednesday, July 2, 2014

WIP Wednesday: This is not SportsCenter

The only problem with my habit of falling asleep listening to SportsCenter is that when sporting events don't go my way, I end up hearing about it over and over again as I drift off.  And I'm pretty sure it has wormed its way into my dreams in some cases.

I really only need to live through the US men's soccer team loss at the World Cup yesterday once.  Every time I think of the effort that Tim Howard put into making sixteen saves on goal, ugh, I feel terrible for him that they couldn't get that win.  At the same time, though, I'm positive about some of the youngsters on the team, like Yedlin and Green.  So I still believe that we will win, it's just going to be next time.

Thankfully there's lots of other sporting news to think about.  The rest of the World Cup, of course.  Does Colombia have what it takes to beat Brazil?  If both teams play the way that they have been, I think so.  And France versus Germany, that is just made to be classic.  And Costa Rica, the final representative of the CONCACAF.

And then on some totally different blades of grass, we have Wimbledon.  Man, everyone thought that because the first Tuesday wasn't crazy like it was last year that we might be safe, but no!  We've got Czech women taking over the bracket, which I love, and teenagers running amok on the men's side.  I'm sad that Nadal and Murray are both out of the running, and kind of hoping the Dmitrov is able to take it to Djokovic.  Upsets are exciting, but there's also the risk that the remaining top players are able to just breeze through the final match or two, and that's not nearly as fun.

While I've been watching all of these events, I've been knitting.  And walking.  As long as I don't have to be reading a pattern at the same time, I can knit and walk fairly comfortably.  So far, I haven't even stepped on the cat once.  Who's the athlete now, huh?  I've finished the back of my Twist of Death, now working on the front.  It's not the most interesting to photograph, but this gives you an idea of how the color is working up, which I really like, it's very denim-like:
I'm a little afraid that I won't have enough yarn, but I should, so hopefully I'm just being paranoid.  Once I finish the front I shouldn't need much to join it together with the back again and make the little sleeves.  And when I think about it like that, it doesn't seem so crazy to have this done before the end of the World Cup.  Winner!

Do you watch sports while you knit?  Or maybe knit while others watch sports?  For more WIP Wednesday posts, go to Tami's Amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment