Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WIP Wednesday: On the tip of my tentacles

For some reason the transition from July into August didn't seem as monumental until I had to start writing the date numerically.  That's when I realized that we're in the 8th month of the year.  And there are only 12 of them total.  That's two-thirds of the year!  I know I'm a word nerd, but in this case the math is what got to me.

But whether I like it or not, it is August.  And for the 8th month of the year, I want to finish this pair of mitts featuring a sea creature with 8 tentacles.  I've completed 3 out of 4 octopuses in my Mittacles so far:

Now it's time for the 4th octopus, whose tentacles are only just starting to poke out of my colorwork. I'll also have to try and remember to put the stitches for the thumb in the right place so that I end up with a mitt for each hand instead of two lefts or two rights.

With all of the things I'm doing at the moment, I wish I had 8 arms.  Then I could have one hand typing up emails for work, while another was knitting away, with a few left over for blogging and baking at the same time.  I would feel much more productive.  But, alas, I have only two arms, so my progress is what it is.

What would you do with 8 arms?  Can you believe it's August already?  For more WIP Wednesday posts, visit Tami's Amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment