Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIP Wednesday: The (easy as) pie is a lie

You know that saying, 'Easy as pie'?  It clearly is not meant to refer to the tactical genius required to transport two whipped topping pies from home to the office for co-worker consumption.  I'll save the details for the post about the recipe, but suffice to say, it was a lot easier to make this pie than it was to serve it.

Something else which lulled me into a false sense of ease was this second handknit for the Joss Whedon swap.  I made it through the long slog of plain stockinette to the 'interesting' part, and after a few rows of feeling proud of myself, promptly discovered a mistake.  Thankfully, I discovered it with my mom on the sofa next to me, so she rescued me, tinking back a few rows and deciphering the stitch madness.  So now I'm back on my merry way, slightly humbled but still feeling confident.  After all, there were days in the past when I wouldn't have even known anything was wrong.

I still like safety nets, though, so I have plenty of stitch markers to guide me along.  This particular item is based on a Joss Whedon show other than 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', but it makes me think of Faith as I'm knitting simply because I'm using 25 stitch markers.  Get it?  Because she had that saying, 'Five by five'?  I'm a nerd.  A nerd that latches on to the most tenuous of connections and smiles to herself.  Whatever gets me through the rows, works for me.  And they are starting to get long.

Again, no pictures of my WIPs because of the super-secret swapitude.  But, there is good news!  My 'Gilmore Girls' swap package has been received and opened.  So that means that later this week I can finally show off a little, I'm thinking in an FO Friday post.  I can't include anything tonight because finding time on a Wednesday night is also not the easiest task.

For more WIPs, check out Tami's Amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment