Sunday, June 17, 2012

The un-Examined life

My weekends are usually spent trying to grab as much time in front of the computer as possible to draft articles for Examiner.  This weekend, I started off by not posting an article on Examiner at all.  It was the first time I had 'missed' a weekday in over a year.  And I enjoyed being out of the house most of yesterday without worrying about needing to catch up today.

Of course, I'm so exciting about this blog that I still ended up drafting about half a dozen posts, but that's not the same thing.

After spending months thinking about moving away from Examiner, I'm not sure what finally pushed me to create this blog and transition my energies.  It just suddenly seemed obvious.  In my enthusiasm, I imagined not writing for Examiner at all anymore.  Thankfully, you can't actually quit the site, so over the course of a few days I went from 'I quit!' to 'Let's just be friends.'

For at least a little while, I'll write one or two articles a week, and I'll link to them from here so everyone can enjoy.  Eventually, I might move everything over here, but for now I'm just going to enjoy feeling less pressure to fit into the mold, and maybe bring a few Examiner readers over to the twit side.

No comments:

Post a Comment