Wednesday, June 13, 2012

T-wit, t-who?

Sometimes I have more fun naming things than actually making them.  For example, I have names for some of my work outfits.  Some combinations of clothes just call out to be titled, you know?  Clever names are always appreciated, whether in ice cream flavors or nail polish colors.  How do you get to be the person that does those, by the way?  Because I would be great at that.

Anyway, in the time it takes to draft more than a few posts, I could agonize over the title of this blog.  While I might toy around with some of the niceties, I think I've got the basic idea.  I started with 'knitlit' because of my Twitter handle for promoting my Examiner titles.  Words and yarn are my two favorite things to play with, and there's rhyming involved, so why not just go with it?

But why choose twit as the final installment in the title trilogy?  Aside from its newfound association with microblogging, twit doesn't have the nicest connotations.  'An insignificant, silly, or bothersome person'?  Ouch.  But wait a second.  I like silly.  Silly means not taking things too seriously.  Silly means having a little fun.  Silly means puns.  There are plenty of serious things going on in the world, I think that indulging in some of the more insignificant things can significantly ease the tension.

So I'm putting it out there to start the reinvention of the twit.  The same way nerds and geeks are having a positive pop culture moment, it's time for twits to be embraced for their innocent enthusiasm, their genuine excitement over things that aren't really that important.

Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment