Friday, November 8, 2013

Cubicle kitchen: White Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies

I've done my fair share of knit-related swaps on Ravelry, making shawls, buying yarn and gathering notions to make a fellow crafter squee with delight.  But now I'm entering a new realm of swapping.

I am a confirmed participant in the 2013 Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!

For those who haven't heard of it, this is the third year of the cookie swap, organized by as a way to raise some money for charity, share some exposure, and of course fulfill cravings!  There are over 600 food bloggers taking part this year, and we've all agreed to send out a dozen cookies to three other bloggers and post the recipe on our own blogs.  And then, we each get a dozen cookies from three other bloggers!  Isn't that exciting?  Who knows what cookies I will get to try.

I have already received my list of three bloggers that I'm baking for, and now the tough part comes when I have to decide what I'm going to send to them.  I want them to be special, but not risky in any way (I don't want to have to rebuke three dozen cookies).  And I'd like the flavors to be interesting, without being 'weird'.  They will also need to be easy to ship without ending up with a box full of crumbs.

These cookies would probably survive shipping well, because even though they are soft, they are more chewy than cakey.  And they are certainly tasty.  But we're sending new-to-us recipes only, so I'm going to have to keep thinking.  Do you have a favorite cookie recipe to suggest?  I want to make a good impression on my fellow bloggers!


White Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies
Recipe from Averie Cooks: Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

My notes:
  • Instead of semi-sweet chocolate as Averie uses, I chopped a block of white chocolate into chunks because that's what I had on hand
  • I used the slightly lighter Neufchatel cream cheese
  • I let my formed cookie dough balls chill overnight in the fridge
  • You really will doubt whether these are done, but trust in the directions and they will come out perfectly

2 comments:

  1. So cool that your participating in the cookie swap! I love Anzac Cookies and I think they would travel really well. I've made them several times to rave reviews. I also love these Cinnamon Chip Sugar Cookies. Here are the links in case you want to check them out :) http://piesandplots.net/anzac-cookies/ http://piesandplots.net/cinnamon-chip-sugar-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not eating desserts right now (just trying to be healthy) and I kind of think you might be the devil. These look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete