Friday, May 16, 2014

5KCBWDAY5: Because blogging in rhyming couplets isn't hipster at all

Something A Bit Different.  It’s the annual challenge to blog in a way different to how you normally blog.

A hipster?  Not me!
That kind of ironic cool I just could not be.
I can see you're confused, and lest we debate,
Please give me a moment to set the record straight.
I do live in Austin, that much I allow.
But I'm not in a band, just like I don't raise cows.
I love watching sports, on the sofa I sit,
And cheer on the Longhorns (yes, while I knit).
Okay, fine!  To that point I concede:
I not only knit, I spin and I bead.
And while we're at it, I didn't go to UT,
But a liberal arts school, Sarah Lawrence (SLC).
A mythical mascot and no football team,
Where toppling the patriarchy is a literal pipe dream.
But I never suffered from drug-induced munchies,
I indulged played cards with my friends for four-hour brunches.
I beg your forgiveness, for that terrible rhyme,
But those marathon Sundays were my favorite times.
Perhaps being a hipster would be preferred,
But looks are deceiving, I'm just a nerd.
I don't have qualms about being enthused,
My childlike excitement must be excused.
"But ah-ha," you may say, "You blog and you bake."
To which I reply, "But all inorganic, to the last cupcake."
Yes, there is evidence, that earlier this week,
I went to BookPeople to hear Garrison Keillor speak.
But I must implore, for Guy Noir's sake,
We can't all be hipsters, who long for Wobegon lake.
I'm so glad we had this clarifying chat:
I'm not a hipster...not that there's anything wrong with that.

For more 'Something a Bit Different' posts from day five of Knitting & Crochet Blog Week, search on the 5KCBWDAY5 tag.



No comments:

Post a Comment