Wednesday, February 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Smiles and miles

Cue the Rocky music!


I did it!  I made it from start to finish and all 26.2 of the miles in between.  And I managed to have a smile on my face most of the time, at least when I knew someone was taking a picture:


More on my marathon experience in its very own post.  I've given myself the last couple of days to rest and recuperate when it comes to my running feet and my blogging fingers, but trust me, I have plenty to share about the six-hour experience.

Funnily enough, I think I had a bigger smile on my face when I cast off the first of my pair of Sochi Socki than I did when I finished the marathon.  But that might have something to do with the relative levels of exhaustion caused by the two activities.  After all, Kitchener stitch might be a skill, but it doesn't tend to leave you feeling as sore as long distance running does.  It's just so cool to knit the final stitch and instantly have a real sock that fits your foot and you made it and…well, you get the idea.


I took a photo of my sock with a sneak peek of the treats I brought in today because they were both so prettily pastel they almost match.  I've finished the cuff of the second sock, trying to get in as much knitting as possible to make it to the finish line in time for the end of the Olympics.  Apparently I'm always racing.

For more WIP Wednesday posts, go to Tami's Amis.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! So excited to hear more about the race!

    ReplyDelete