Oftentimes my treats come with little excuses as to why eating them isn't such an indulgence. Excuses like:
Lemon curd is excellent for warding off scurvy!
Peanut butter is full of protein! It's like delicious workout fuel!
I snuck peas in there! That's a legitimate vegetable!
Cream cheese...that means calcium!But I can't really think of a good excuse for these, they are pure, delicious sugar. If I can say anything for them, it would be that because they are so sweet, you don't need to eat too large a square to satisfy your sweet tooth.
And aesthetically, I love the color that this Frosting Creations flavor turned the fudge. It would be perfect for a baby shower. Or just to make my Sochi Socki.
Cotton Candy Cookie Fudge Bars
Makes a 9x13" pan
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Cotton Candy Cookie Mix
- Additional ingredients as called for by the mix
- 1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 packet Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Cotton Candy
- Prepare cookie dough as directed on package, but instead of forming cookies, press dough into a prepared pan. Bake until edges are golden and center looks done. Set aside while you prepare the fudge.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine condensed milk, chips, and frosting flavor packet. Microwave on medium-high heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate has melted completely. Be careful not to overheat.
- Pour fudge on top of the cookie layer in the pan, using a spatula to even it out if necessary.
- Allow fudge to chill completely before cutting into squares.