Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Crawl in progress

I can't give you details on the knitting I'm doing for the holiday season, but I can give you lots of colorful details about what I've added to my stash so far because of this year's Crawl:


  1. From Hill Country Weavers: Yarn Carnival Highwire 3-ply in Amaranthine
  2. From Tinsmith's Wife: Malabrigo Worsted in Nostalgia
  3. From Yarnivore: Frabjous Fibers Wonderland Yarns Cheshire Cat Fingering Multi-Pack of 10 1-oz skeins in Dark Rainbow
  4. From The Yarn Barn: Lone Star Arts Armadillo in Ellie Avery
  5. From her studio: Alisha Goes Around Panoply of Peacocks Fingering in Macedonia
  6. From Lucky Ewe: Vice Paradigm in Serendipity
  7. From Old Oaks Ranch: Henry's Attic Prime Alpaca in Bare and Black
  8. From The Knitting Nest: Trekking XXL in 550 (aww, no name)
  9. From Gauge: Little Green Finch Plumage Ltd in a nameless one-of-a-kind colorway I'm calling Cranberry Orange and Theodora's Pearls Theodora's Saphhire in Chartreuse Spritz
I have plans for a few of the skeins.  The Alisha Goes Around has been on my radar for a while now to create the Twist Pullover.  This is actually the colorway used in the sample that made the cover of Knit Wear, though it appears darker in the magazine.  I've nearly bought the yarn several times before, in yarn stores or at fiber festivals, but being in her studio, it seemed like I might as well take the plunge now.

The Wonderland Yarns were a revelation.  They are a new yarn which debuted at TNNA this summer, and I'm in love.  The colors were all so gorgeous, I couldn't decide on one for a full skein, so I splurged on the entire rainbow of smaller skeins.  I'm thinking that this is going to make a glorious technicolor Mini Mania.

The others, well, they were just too pretty to leave behind, and many of them were part of the selection of 25% off yarns that can be used to make the patterns that each store handed out.  That's how I ended up with two skeins of the Malabrigo.  Such a good price, I might as well see if I can make a medium-sized project like a shrug.  And I have so much black and white alpaca, I think that will supply several projects.  Some of the bare yarn might even get dyed.

So there are the results of my Crawl in progress, more to come this weekend!  And more WIP Wednesday posts are at Tami's Amis.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am getting the new yarn fumes all the way over here. Love what you chose and can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I've seen Hunter Hammersen use Vice yarn in a couple of her patterns, I've been curious about it. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete