Thursday, October 4, 2012

Countdown to the Crawl: T-minus 1 day

There are mere hours, rather than days, to wait until the trek of ten yarn stores begins.  The Google routes have been calculated, the outfits have been matched, and the final temptation has been avoided.

On the first Thursday of every month, Hill Country Weavers has a sale.  And I usually write about it for Examiner.  If you think getting an e-mail about a yarn sale is hard to give into, try writing 200 words about how awesome that sale is.  It's a good thing I don't live closer to SoCo, otherwise I would have a real problem.

For the past month or so, I've consciously made the effort not to buy yarn, 'saving' myself and my budget for the Crawl.  Hopefully this will not result in a binge of purchasing, like someone who skips breakfast only to cave into something huge and horrible for them at lunch because they are so hungry, and end up with a stomach-ache.  I don't want a stash-ache.

And so, despite having valiantly not bought any yarn at 20% off today in the sale, I'm not going to gorge myself in the next two days.  But I will be doing some serious skein snacking.

(Man, the food metaphor has me hungry, time for dessert!)

2 comments:

  1. We are having one in NYC thins weekend too. As long as it doesn't rain I will go with friends because in the city we walk all of the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Hope the weather cooperated for you!

    ReplyDelete