Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The ecstasy of an epiphany

There is no high quite so pure as the one that follows when you have an idea, and it turns out to be a good one.  Of course, I'm no authority on other sources of highs.  But this was way better than, say, an overdose on coffee.  It might even be better than chocolate.  Because as good as chocolate is, it has rarely made me want to run down the hallways of my office screaming, 'Oh yeah, I am just that awesome!'

I would try and explain the source of this fantastic feeling, but I've tried it twice already with people who aren't involved, namely my mom and dad, and it loses something in translation.  Basically, there was a problem, and we figured out how to solve it.  But everything we knew told us that that shouldn't have been the solution, that according to 'the rules' of DITA (and I've already lost most of you here, I know), this shouldn't be something we needed to fix.  It didn't make sense.

Unless, of course, you are me, and you think of something that maybe is the factor that hasn't been considered.  Bam!

I should admit here that not much of the situation is altered by my revelation.  The solution is still the solution for the most part, and it's still a necessary fix for what we are doing.  But it makes so much more sense now.  And I'm the one that figured it out.  There's just something so validating about that, that makes me feel like I am the right person for this job, not just the person who happened to be hired.

This does not mean that I'm not eating chocolate later tonight, though.  Hey, I have to celebrate, I had an epiphany!

1 comment:

  1. You's a smarty pants - good to know you can see it too!

    ReplyDelete