Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Easy like Sunday morning, random like Tuesday Morning

For years I avoided Tuesday Morning, thinking it was just going to be full of potpourri and figurines.  Neither of which I have much use for.  But, in fact, this store is like one of Forrest's box of chocolates: you never know what you're going to get.

Along with some figurines and a little potpourri, there is also a fairly random assortment of items ranging from books to beauty supplies, crafts to cooking.  I once ended up walking out with about a dozen skeins of Louisa Harding yarn.  Mom's come back with armfuls of circular knitting needles.  This past weekend, I nearly bought nine bottles of China Glaze crackle nail polish for $9.  I stopped myself, but only because the bottles came in boxes of three, with the same color in each box.

Thankfully, we have a Tuesday Morning conveniently located next door to our grocery store, so we can just pop in every once in a while to go treasure hunting.  If you've passed this place a few times and never taken a look, I recommend it.  You might not find anything the first time around, but you might also end up like me and barely make it to the register with all of your skeins still in your arms because you just couldn't decide on which shawl to make with which colors, so you covered all your bases and bought almost all of them.  The one time that happens is worth all the times it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment