Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Game, set, ply

There are two themes to this week for me.  First, it's back to school, as I noted in my movie review on Monday.  But perhaps more excitingly, it's time for the final grand slam of the tennis season.  A stone's throw from my alma mater in Flushing Meadows, the US Open is two weeks of day and night tennis that you want to enjoy as much of as possible, because it's got to last you until the Australian Open next year.  So instead of the usual mix of HGTV, Food Network and Bravo, it's a steady stream of tennis that's been playing in the background of my crafting for the past few days.  And soon I'll add some college football to that as well.  Ah, fall, how I missed you.

The foreground of my crafting hasn't really changed much since last week.  I'm still plying the fourth of five cops, using my frozen yogurt bowl trick.  I'd still like to properly document this, but here's a very fuzzy picture of what it looks like.


It takes a lot of skill to ply and snap an iPhone photo, let me tell you.  You'll have to excuse the cute skull pajamas and fuzzy slippers, I like to craft in comfort.

I've also added a few more inches to the second sleeve of my cardigan.  Once that's done, it will be time to block and sew.  And then comes the beaded ruffle.  Hopefully this will get done before they install that roof on Arthur Ashe stadium...

For more WIP Wednesday posts, visit Tami's Amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment