White chocolate with peppermint has the benefit of being both delicious, and leaving you ready for the smooches you deserve after preparing this lovely treat for your special someone. Or the someones who happen to be in your office. Who are also special, but who probably aren't offering kisses. They'll still appreciate the freshness of your breath as you have your chatter in your meetings.
Of course, you only deserve the kisses (or other office-appropriate appreciation) because it's the thought that counts. The actual effort involved is minimal. I prepared these on the Friday before leaving to go skiing, left them to set in the fridge, then cut them when we returned on Tuesday. When you want all the acclaim of homemade treats without actually trying, these are a go-to. That's why I always have the two main ingredients on hand. You may recognize this as being incredibly similar to my Berry Lemonade Fudge and Not Terry's Chocolate Orange Fudge. Not a coincidence. Just an awesomely adaptable recipe.
Peppermint Kiss Fudge
(adapted from Sparkpeople)
Makes about 40 squares
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- about 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (optional)
- a drop or two of red food coloring (optional)
- Line a 9 x 13" (or similar) pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl, mix the entire bag of chips with the can of condensed milk. Stir in some zest.
- Place in the microwave and melt carefully. I started with 30 seconds, then stirred, and back in again in 15 second increments. You don't want to scorch it, just get it smooth. Stir in the extract.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, spreading a little to get it evenly in there. Sprinkle with a little more zest if desired.
- Place the pan into the fridge and leave to chill. Once firm, cut into squares.