Sunday, September 14, 2014

Wind-swept and interesting, the traveller returns

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello!  I'm back, jolly blog readers!

I was already back last week, but between wicked jet lag and possibly having caught a bit of a bug, I felt lousy and decided to extend my blog vacation past my real life vacation.  I'm feeling better now, though, so it's time to try and get back into the swing of things.  My trip gave me a lot of ideas for blog posts, plus I have some drafts of things I didn't manage to put out before I left.  So there should be plenty to talk about for the next few weeks.

I'm not sure where to start, though, so I'll keep this a fairly lazy Sunday and tease you with some highlights from my trip:

  • A few walks in the park, and a visit to a stately home with a rose garden
  • Lots of culture, as absorbed from the National Gallery and Tate Modern
  • Several cups of tea, but even more cappuccinos
  • Some essential shopping on Regent Street
  • A delicious journey through Borough Market
  • Two DIY presents finally revealed in a birthday celebration
  • Delicious food from cuisines across the globe, from a full English breakfast Indian curry takeaway to Korean steak tartare
  • And of course, a couple of yarn stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment