Saturday, June 7, 2014

Inspiration Saturday: Stash additions from Yellow Rose Fiber Fiesta

I love fiber festivals.  Aside from the yarn and fiber temptations, we've gone to so many by now that the indie dyers are more like friends we're visiting than companies we are patronizing.

But that doesn't mean I didn't do some patronizing as well:
First, an adorable shirt.  Because it's adorable.  And I'll wear it.

Then, two yarns from my favorite, Heavenly Fiber:
This is Stellar 100 Sock Yarn in Dune Shadows.  It's a grey without any yellow tones, plus a dash of purple.  I found myself gravitating towards different greys all day, so it only makes sense that I'd leave with at least one.

And then, a gradient:

Stardust Sock in Perfect Princess has a little bit of sparkle to it, which I love.  I think this is going to be a shawl.

Finally, Silk Cloud from Darn Good Yarn:
This is a fair trade yarn, all made from silk waste.  I just couldn't resist.

After perusing the aisles of the fiesta and making these tough decisions, I'm sorry I don't have much mental strength for blogging.  In fact, I had to give myself some time to recover after getting home before I even attempted to start writing.  Shopping can be very tiring.  Especially when you are trying to restrain yourself from buying everything.  But hopefully you enjoyed the pretty yarn as much as I'm planning to.

Have you been to fiber festivals?  What's your favorite part?  For more inspiration, go to Woolen Diversions.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely acquisitions! I'm not much of a pink person but that gradient is really pretty. My favorite part is seeing and touching so many different yarns all at once. And when there are sheep, my favorite part is the sheep. :)

    ReplyDelete