Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WIP Wednesday: New cardy's on the block

Today, after being master problem-solver at work, I ran three miles, took a gym class, bought nail polish, had dinner, went grocery shopping, and now I'm writing this blog post.  So forgive my brevity, because I still have to take a shower tonight.

I feel like I have a lot that I could report on in terms of progress, but here's the big, major, awesome thing:


That, my friends, is my cardigan.  All the pieces knit up, washed, blocked, and drying.  There are, of course, many more tasks ahead, but I feel so accomplished to have reached this milestone, not even the sewing, beading, and ruffles can scare me too badly.  They are all bound to at least be more fun than crawling on the carpet and measuring and pinning these things out.  I've heard that there are people who enjoy blocking.  I've also heard that there's a Loch Ness monster, though, so...

I also have an FO for this week, so hopefully I will have more time on Friday to talk about the other things on my mind as I share that.  Until then, you can explore more WIPs at Tami's Amis.

2 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAY cardi! Can't wait to see. I, too, dislike the act of blocking but it is a necessary and transformative evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it sewn together and worn by you. :-)

    ReplyDelete